Thursday, April 24, 2014

Smileys (or Emoticons)

As suggested (no I did not promise!!  >:E) here is a legend for the smileys I tend to use.

x] = sheepish grin

xD = sheepish but slightly less apologetic, usually when I think I'm being funny

:D = really happy or excited

]x = not happy, deflated

Dx = really not happy, deflated or knowingly over-reacting - sometimes indicates panic

D: = not happy or sorry about something

>.> = "Pfft" I use this one a lot! It is a pair of half closed eyes looking down/sideways. Usually accompanied by a slight pout or a pulling flat of the lips which I can't reproduce with characters.

T_T = mock tears - eg: I have to do the dishes when I want to play Terraria

>:E = mock angry - I could bite the nearest person (but probably wont)

8D = mock SUPAH SPESHUL excited  - definitely think I'm being funny - could probably be described as a "Yay!" in manic form.

><;;/>_<;; = sheepish sweats - this one is uncommon but I do use it from time to time.

:) = feeling warm and fuzzy about the sentence or word in question
:( = genuinely sad about the sentence or word in question

;) = typo - I never wink
); = see above

I think that's about all I use. Will add more if I've forgotten any.

I use smileys a lot. I don't know what that says about me.

NB: I've taken a while to write this up - I don't know why I've been procrastinating about it. It's not as if it's an exposé on my personal life.
I've always had a problem with this - I have no problem with fiction but writing letters and the ilk was always difficult for me. That is, anything written for others. I suppose this is the problem of being too aware of the fact that this is going online.

Ugh! I found this site that ... umm ... better save that rant for later ... (wooo I'm so mysterious! >.>)

Picture time? Ok what shall I add? I added one to the top - do we really need one at the bottom?


I rate this post a YAY - mostly because I finally got it posted. ><;;

*pictures courtesy of the internetz - can't find the original sites.  D:

No comments:

Post a Comment